Your safety is our priority, for Family Day we bring you our Celebration of Lights Drive Thru experience. Expect to delight in over one hundred thousand lights and light displays, rail cars and buildings as you drive thru a designated route. Tune into the Museum Radio, reduce the speed of the season (and your vehicle), and take a tour through the frozen wonder of the Central BC Railway and Forestry Museum’s eight-acre industrial park.
The route has been mapped out to provide the best viewing experience of the lights and displays, so please slow down, and stay on track!
This year, we received a large donation of lights and light displays that are set up in the park along River Road. These lights are dedicated to Rose Novak and will be available to be seen and enjoyed by everyone driving down River Road as well as through the park.
Date: Saturday, February 13
Times: 5:30 pm – 9:15 pm nightly
- PREBOOKING IS MANDATORY
- We are booking in 15-minute intervals, with a maximum of 20 vehicles driving through in this time period.
- We will be booking in 15-minute blocks
- When you arrive to the Central BC Railway and Forestry Museum, please line up (with your vehicle) in the designated area and wait to be let inside the park.
- If you pre-booked, bring your print out and place on dashboard. If you booked in person, please bring print out and place on dashboard
- DRIVE SLOWLY – the max speed is 5km/hour
COVID PROTROCOLS: In order to ensure we meet regulations, following these guidelines are mandatory.
- STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE!
- Keep windows rolled up. If we need to communicate directly with you upon arrival, we will let you know when you arrive. Please bring masks with you, for when we need to communicate directly to you.
- The Visitor Centre will be closed to the public. This means the bathrooms will not be accessible at all.
*We will have people throughout the park who will assist in guiding you safely through the designated route. PLEASE REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE AT ALL TIMES.
- By booking a ticket, you agree to assisting with and complying to the safety and COVID protocols of this event.